Tuesday, April 29, 2014

GET READY FOR GOLF!!! June 6th - Tilden Park!!!

Hi Guys....this is Brian.....I will be there lugging my clubs all the way from New Hampshire....you certainly won't have that far to carry yours!  I want to see a great turnout for this tourney to just show everyone what a huge failure I have been at this game!   I play maybe 3-6 times a year and while I'm not THAT bad I miss the Tilden course where I grew up only a few blocks away from that site.  Play in NH is limited to May to November as the white stuff just seems to get in the way.  I do remember paying during Christmas Week one "dry" year and my chip onto the first green bounced about 50 feet in the air after I realized the green was frozen and acted like a snare drum!!
My Dad and I would go out to the Tilden course after 6 PM and get on free and get in the first three holes.  I remember that course well and I am sure it has changed.  Tilden was a very important part of my growing up as I was an operator of the Tilden Park Merry-Go-Round there when I was 12-14 yrs.  Can't wait to feel "back at home"!!    Here are the '64 Grads who made the day at the last gathering in Richmond last Fall!

Brian


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments and upload images as well....