Monday, March 10, 2014

A Note from Howard Osborne --- living the good Midwestern Story......


Hey Classmates,   here is a message from Howard (“Howie”) Osborne for everyone…..
He will be sending pictures soon and I will upload them to this site.

Hello Everyone,

This is Howard Osborne also checking in, and I would like to say that this is an extremely enjoyable experience for me personally to step into my past of 50 years ago, which I shared with you guys.
In some cases, this reconnecting is taking me back to elementary school, Saint Augustine's, where I was also with some of you.  We're talking the 1950's. Incredible.
Over the years I have thought about everyone, and wondered how things are with each of us.  Often it brought a smile, and sometimes much laughter, thinking about what it was like being 14-18 year olds.
It didn't take me long after graduation to realize how fortunate I was to have had the Saint Mary's experience. The teachers we had, being with you guys, and the study of our Faith, gave me just what I needed.  I learned a way of being that helped me greatly throughout my life and with my career.
I have lived in a small town in the mid west for the past 30 years, where I have been teaching in alternative schools.  Laurel Lee, my dear wife, and I have 4 children who are now all in their 30's.  We are very proud of them.  They are very dear to us.
We live a quiet and content life.  Laurel Lee paints and I read a lot.
My thanks to you, Boero, for all you have done over the years for Saint Mary's and all the alumni.  Good work.
Thanks to you, also, Brian, for posting the blogs etc. to help re enliven our contact with each other.  And a special thanks to you, Brian and Boero, for the Memorial to our classmates.  It was very powerful and moving for me to see this.
The best to all of you men.


Howard Osborne


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments and upload images as well....